Bordeaux with a baby
You are the happy parents of a beautiful baby. And you would like to discover Bordeaux for a weekend or a few days... But there’s the stroller, the bottles, the nappies, and whatnot!
Don’t you worry: Bordeaux is baby-friendly! Discover our tips for activities with your baby.
STROLLER-FRIENDLY CAFÉS AND RESTAURANTS
If you feel like brunching with baby, nothing beats a tasty brunch at Horace. You’ll find a quiet spot to settle down with your little one and a place to park your stroller. Every Sunday, for 22 €, treat yourself to a delicious brunch with cake, fresh juice, and a hot drink (we recommend their Chaï Latte). During the week, select one of the wholesome and hearty dishes on the menu: they will make you feel at home. Vegetarians can enjoy a vegetarian plate packed with seasonal flavours.
To avoid waiting (it is not possible to book a Sunday brunch), we recommend arriving before noon. Did baby wake you up early this morning? You might as well take advantage of it and indulge in a gourmet moment!
Featured equipment: high chairs (baby-changing tables coming soon).
- 40 Rue Poquelin Molière, Bordeaux
- +33 (0)5 56 90 01 93
LA DOUCE PARENTHÈSE
Here you will find all the comforts of home! True to its name, La Douce Parenthèse (The Gentle Break) welcomes you in a warm setting, perfectly adapted to children and babies.
What makes this tea house so unique? The delicious homemade cakes and local organic juices, of course, but above all, a programme dedicated to the well-being of the whole family. Every week, La Douce Parenthèse offers baby massage workshops and Yoga classes for both adults or children. In short: it’s an excellent place to delight your taste buds (lunch usually costs between 8 and 11 €) and recharge your batteries.
Featured equipment: high chairs, baby-changing table, and play area.
- 8 rue Maucoudinat, BORDEAUX
- +33 (0)6 46 14 46 59
Nestled on the right bank, just a stone’s throw from the Bastide, this restaurant and its terrace offer splendid views of the Garonne and the stone bridge. Whether you prefer to savour Brasserie food on the ground floor or bistro-style gastronomy upstairs, you will enjoy generous dishes celebrating seasonal local produce. The icing on the cake: a games room with a nanny to look after your children during the “family-friendly” Sunday brunch: 29 € for adults and 15 € for children under 12 years old.
Equipment: high chairs, baby-changing tables, and the possibility to warm up baby food and bottles.
- 7 Quai des Queyries, Bordeaux
- 05 56 67 49 90
QUIET CORNERS AND BABY-CHANGING TABLES IN TOWN
Walking around with your baby in the city is not always easy! Luckily, Bordeaux is home to charming parks and squares with many quiet spots to breastfeed, spoon-feed, or put your little one to sleep.
Peaceful parks and squares:
- Square Vinet : Rue Vinet, Bordeaux (Playground)
- Jardin Public : Cours de Verdun (Playground and merry-go-round)
- Jardin Botanique : Rive droite - Esplanade Linné
- Place des Martyrs de la Résistance - close to Gambetta - nearby the Église Saint Seurin
- Parc aux Angéliques : Right bank - Quai des Queyries
- Les Quays of the left bank
- Galeries Lafayette : 11-19 Rue Sainte-Catherine
- Saint-Christoly shopping center: 17 rue Père Louis de Jabrun, place St Christoly
- Cap Sciences : Hangar 20, Quai de Bacalan
- CAPC contemporary art museum of Bordeaux : 7 Rue Ferrere
- Siman Bordeaux : 7 Quai des Queyries
- La Douce Parenthèse : 8 rue Maucoudinat, Bordeaux
- Darwin écosystème : Right bank - Quai des Queyries, Bordeaux
AMUSEMENT PARKS FOR BABIES!
Ball pools, inflatables, trampolines or even a maze, you name it! Everything here is designed for your children to have a whale of a time! The youngest children can play in a well-protected area with playgrounds and fun games adapted to their age.
- 15 Rue Charles Tellier, Bègles
- 36 Avenue du Dr Schinazi, Bordeaux
THERE’S NO MINIMUM AGE TO WEAR A SWIMSUIT!
After spending nine months in the amniotic fluid, your baby might as well maintain its innate swimming reflex! Several places welcome parents and their babies for “infant swimming” sessions.
- 23 rue du Maréchal Joffre, Bègles
Les plaisirs de l’eau
- 267 avenue d’Arés, Bordeaux
- 69 rue Léo Lagrange, Bordeaux