Purchase online tours, excursions, citypass,...
© Château Sainte Barbe
© Château Sainte Barbe
© Château Sainte Barbe
© Château Sainte Barbe

Château Sainte Barbe

Vigneron Indépendant, Vignobles et découvertes

Discover a sumptuous typical “Chartreuse” of Bordeaux from XVIII century built in 1760 by French architect Victor Louis, who himself built the Grand Theatre de Bordeaux. Located along the Garonne, this property is perfect to enjoy a quiet and authentic moment in the heart of Bordeaux area.

The vineyard of Château Sainte Barbe currently covers 30 hectares, 80% of the vineyard consists of Merlot, and the remaining 20% are split between Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot.

The wines produced on the estate are AOC Bordeaux Rouge (100% Merlot) and AOC Bordeaux Supérieur Red (90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet France and Petit Verdot).
We strive to ensure regular monitoring of the vineyard in order to have high quality fruits to product one of the best wine of the AOC Bordeaux/ Bordeaux Superieur.

The tasting formula that we offer covers two aspects:
- “Château Sainte Barbe” history and wine trade through the Garonne.
- The discovery of our vineyard and our expertise

The visit is fragmented into 4 parts:
- History and visit the “Chartreuse”
- Walk and explanation among vineyard
- Discovery of the winery and the cellar to show the technical aspects
- Then two tasting our wines in the tasting room
This one lasts approximately 1:15 ET 1:30 as the curiosity of visitors, for an amount of €5 per person.

We welcome you by appointment all year long (except weekends). Access is possible by car and by bus (Line 91 - Stop Gereyme 48 minutes from Bordeaux Stalingrad).


Sustainable approach

Château Sainte Barbe is certified High Environmental Value and Bee-Friendly for the protection of the environment and bees.

Practical information

  • French, English

  • Payment cards, Cheques and postal orders, Cash

Brands & Labels

  • Vigneron Indépendant

  • Vignobles et découvertes

Social networks

Château Sainte Barbe
Route du Burck
33810 AMBES


Best Of

Discovery and innovation