Château les Carmes Haut-Brion
The history of Château Les Carmes Haut-Brion dates back to the 16th century and has been very consistent since its birth. In 1584, the lord of Haut-Brion, Jean de Pontac, gave the Grands Carmes a vast mill with meadows and vines. A haven of peace and a garden of abundance, the place was supplied with pure, living water from the inexhaustible source of the "eubrion" fountain.
The congregation remained the sole owner of the site for more than two hundred years and, as it extended its lands to other parts of the Haut-Brion vineyard, usage gradually imposed the name "Carmes Haut-Brion" on the estate.
French, German, English
Payment cards, Cheques and postal orders, Cash
Brands & Labels
Vignobles et découvertes
Best of Gold
Architecture and landscapes