Château les Carmes Haut-Brion
The Carmes Haut-Brion estate goes back to the 16th century and has remained remarkably stable over the years. In 1584, Jean de Pontac, the lord of Haut-Brion, donated a large mill with surrounding meadows and vines to the Carmelite Order. This haven of peace and garden of plenty also had an unlimited supply of pure water thanks to a spring feeding a fountain called d’Eubrion.
The Carmelites remained the sole owners of the estate for over two centuries, which gradually acquired the name of « Carmes Haut-Brion » over the years. They also expanded their land holding to other parts of the Haut-Brion vineyard.
In 2010 when it was purchased by Patrice Pichet founder of the Pichet real estate group, the property at this time consisted of 5 hectares of vines as well as beautiful grounds designed by landscape artist Louis-Bernard Fischer in the 19th century.
French, German, English
Brands & Labels
Vignobles et découvertes
Best of Gold
Architecture and landscapes