Marché des Capucins
The Capucins market held its first weekly market in 1749, at the instigation of the Marquis de Tourny, who had undertaken major works in the district. It wasn't until 1878 that it became a covered market, with two covered market halls joined by a large iron and glass gallery in 1881.
The Capucins market then became a place for people to meet and talk, a place where the special spirit of this village district could be felt, where shopkeepers were proud to work and live. It became "the belly of Bordeaux".