Château du Garde
Château du Garde was born in 1925 on the initiative of Antonio Subra. A family property that extends over 37 hectares of clay and gravel land in the "Côtes de Bordeaux" appellation area. Located in the commune of Cénac, Château du Garde benefits from a soil that is conducive to the production of wines whose character reflects the authenticity of the Bordeaux vineyard.
The fourth generation took over in 2009. Jean-Benoît Subra has been able to develop the estate, acquiring exploitable plots of land which has allowed him to enlarge his surface area and to have today two names of Château: "Château du Garde" and "Château Rauzé-Lafargue", extension of the property in 2014.
In an approach of sustainable development and respect of the environment, the producer had the will to cultivate in a traditional and reasoned way. Since then, the farm has obtained its HVE level 3 environmental certification.
A wide range of wines:
Dry white wines:
- A vinification in tank: it is a fruity and very expressive white wine.
- Vinification in barrels, in order to attenuate the acidity and to bring roundness and sweetness to the wine.
Le Clairet :
- A typical product of the Bordeaux region with aromas of English candy and a light red color. red color. Invented by the English following the "100 years war", the Clairet is a key element in the key element in the elaboration of great red wines.
The Red Wines :
- Chateau Rauzé Lafargue: This is a wine composed mostly of Cabernet. Young and and dynamic whose freshness and fruit notes allow it to be enjoyed as an aperitif with tapas with tapas as well as with a meal...
- Le Château du Garde : Composed in majority of merlot, it is a more tannic wine, with notes of red fruits and aged in barrels for 12 months. This wine is ideal to be tasted with red meats or grilled meats...
- La Valisette du Garde : Vertical of 6 vintage bottles from 2009 to 2015. It is the result of a unique know-how that Jean-Benoît has transmitted through his wines. The opulence of Merlot, harvested and hand-picked, then aged for 12 months in fine grain French oak barrels, reveals the the aromatic power of the wine after being decanted at least one hour in advance. Each cuvée is different according to its name, simply reflecting the climate of the year. In a limited edition (800 This limited edition (800 copies) will be the perfect accompaniment to wild and matured meats, dishes in sauce or cheeses with character.
Tasted by Paolo Basso, the world's greatest sommelier in 2013, these wines are in direct competition with the great wines, as it has been published several times in "Sommelier International" and other wine magazines and critics.
The Château du Garde is present throughout France, it is an essential property of the wines of Bordeaux wines.
Sustainable approachChâteau du Garde is certified High Environmental Value.
French, English, Spanish, Russian