Moulin de Porchères
Stone water mill, built in 1850 on the Isle River. Turned into a cylinder mill in 1937. The guided tour helps to understand the journey of grain of wheat and its transformation into flour. Listed Historical Monument. The flagship of the departmental miller's heritage, the site of the mill of Porchères located on the edge of the Isle is the ideal place to spend a day of relaxation in family fun and informative: visit, workshops, stroll, restoration on the spot.
It was in the 1930s that the old mill was transformed into a more modern cylinder mill. During the guided tour, you will discover the incredible ingenuity of the system where the grain of wheat travels, to be sorted, washed, brushed, crushed, sifted and finally transformed into flour.
Guided tour 6 € in individual, 4 € from 5 to 18 years, free for - 5 years
Group from 10 people; 5 € with demonstration of bread making and little bread offered.
- for individuals:
from March 29th to June 30th and from September 15th to November 3rd 2019, every day except Monday from 10am to 6pm.
from July 1st to September 14th, 2019, every day from 10h to 19h.
- for groups:
all year round by reservation.
- Workshop "Make your own bread": On site, enjoy a time of learning and sharing during bread making workshops where the visitor shapes his own 250g bread. Every day, reservation recommended, 15 people maximum. 10 € per person, including the visit of the Mill.
- Workshops "Nature Challenge": solve enigmas to deliver Zortie!
The sport activities
- Navigation: Rabaska canoe trips will make you discover the beauties of the river in a preserved natural setting. 15 people by canoe. Booking highly recommended.
- Hiking: Three circuits of pedestrian excursions are possible from the Mill of 2.6 km, 7.7 km or 18.6 km. Discovery of the locks and the Natural Zone of Aubarède.
- Cycling: Loop by bike from the Mill to the discovery of the Valley of Isle, with junction of the bike-road "V90 Valley Isle", about 15 km.
The restaurant "Guinguette du Moulin"
You can eat for lunch and dinner quietly installed on the terrace ... Traditional cuisine made on site
Free concerts are organized every weekend in high season.
Services, facilities, & comfort
- Picnic area
French, German, Spanish
Starting at 5€