20-minutes far from Bordeaux downtown, Château du Taillan a family estate on the Medoc’s wines road and one of the last urban vineyard, located at Le Taillan Médoc, since the Middle Ages.
In 1985, the Count and Countess Bernard de Colbert, a direct descendant from the famous Louis XIV’s Treasury minister, became the 67th owners of Château Saint Ahon and its vineyard. The winery covers 40 hectares of land, including 30 hectares of vine.
In 2003, Françoise and Nicolas Chodron de Courcel, their daughter and son-in-law, left Paris with their children to settle in Saint Ahon. Their intention was to set new prospects for the winery, in the difficult context of the wine industry crisis.
Property of Charles de Montesquieu in the 18th century, Château Saint Ahon and its vineyard in AOC Haut-Médoc
The castle is now listed as a “Remarkable Monument”. Château Saint Ahon was destroyed during the French Revolution. It was reconstructed in the course of Napoleon’s Empire and restored in 1875 by the architect Alphonse Blaquière who gave its current Louis XIII’ style like you can see it today. Château Saint Ahon is one of the last wineries in Blanquefort.
In spring 2011, the Château Saint Ahon diversified with the creation of a boutique, family and fun tour: Les Jardins de Mirabel and a parking area camper.
End of 2013, the Château Saint Ahon has two new houses named our two mascots, our dog Bidule and our donkey Mirabel.
- Open all year 2016
- Open daily
- From 10h00 to 18h00
- 56 avenue de la Croix
- 33320 LE TAILLAN-MEDOC
- +33 5 56 57 47 00