The Natural History Museum of Bordeaux created in 1791 is, with more than 1 million specimens, one of the largest in France, opens on Sunday, March 31, 2019, after major renovations and enlargements.
Currently, this museum maintains its opening hours on Saturday.
Completely renovated, the new Museum of Bordeaux is a place of wonder, an information space, debates and exchanges about the place of man in nature.
Permanent tours, temporary exhibitions, multimedia shows, workshops and various surprises make each visit a unique experience. The Square Art and Sciences complete the offer. The architectural heritage and a contemporary museography contribute to the enhancement of the collections. A team of mediators will accompany you in this unique experience in the world of science.
Among the one million represented by the collections of the Museum, approximately 3,500 specimens are now presented through different exhibitions:
- Nature as seen by the mankind: The permanent exhibition of the Bordeaux Museum, discovered in the lobby and up to the second floor in the Souverbie Gallery, evokes the richness of biodiversity. We observe as much the diversity of colors, the difference in sizes as the variety of natural environments.
- Aquitain Coast : The objective of the exhibition of the Museum of Bordeaux is to provide a tool for decrypting our coastline and to be the relay of the remarkable natural sites of the region.
- Eat me, if you can! : All animals must feed. Foods provide the energy to grow, move, and reproduce. Nutritional needs are met by a variety of capture systems, diets and digestive systems.
- All Babies : The All Babies exhibition is the first exhibition of the Toddler Museum for children under six years old. In this dedicated space, children discover and marvel around the theme of baby animals ...
The other specimens will be presented in turn at future exhibitions.
- From 02/01/2020 until 31/12/2020
- Closed on Monday
Open Tuesday to Sunday. Closed on Mondays
Schedules from April to September: 10:30 am - 6:00 pm
Schedules from October to March: 10:30 am - 5:30 pm
Closed on public holidays except July 14th and August 15th
- 5 place Bardineau
- 33000 BORDEAUX
Near a bus stop
Accessible to disabled people