Built in the 17th century, this château combines splendour and military pomp. From the 19th century to the 1950s, this abandoned château was used as a women’s prison.
Overlooking the Garonne and the bastide of Cadillac, this great provincial castle was built in 1599 by the Duke of Epernon, favorite of Henry III, then transformed into a jail for women (1820 - 1952).
Today, the castle bears witness to both the splendor of the 17th century (French chimneys, authentic painted ceilings) and the harsh reality of this 130-year-old jail.
Its French garden is today opened by the city of Cadillac as a public garden.
WITH THE 72-HOUR BORDEAUX METROPOLE CITYPASS
Full price: €6 and reduced price: €5
Open all year round.
Closed for public holidays.
Services & equipments, comfort
Specific themed events
Workshop for children
- Open all year 2019
- Open daily
- 4 place de la Libération
- 33410 CADILLAC
In the country
- +33 5 56 62 69 58
Accessible to disabled people